GENETIC COUNSELING CENTER
At Genetic Counseling Center we offer information, guidance and support to patients and families who have members with birth defects or genetic conditions and to the families who might be at risk for a variety of inherited disorders.
At Pride Lab Genetic Counseling Center we will guide you for any of the following
- The genetic condition running in your family, how the condition is likely to affect you or your child.
- What is the risk in future of having a child with a similar condition
- What is the risk of other family members to be affected with genetic disorder or having a child with genetic disorder.
- What are the genetic tests required available to confirm the condition
- What is the interpretation of the results of genetic tests.
- Premarital and parental counselling.
- Where to find resources for support
Some of the common conditions that are provided counseling for, at Pride Lab Genetic Counseling Center are;
- Thalassaemia and other Haemoglobinopathies
- Haemophilia A & B
- Muscular Dystrophies
- Congenital Deafness
- Congenital Blindness
- Metabolic Disorders
- Down’s Syndrome
- Turner’s Syndrome
- Disorder of sex development ( Ambitious Genitalia)
- Multiple Abortions